GOfax.IP is a HylaFAX backend/connector providing Fax over IP support for HylaFAX using FreeSWITCH and SpanDSP through FreeSWITCH’s mod_spandsp.
In contrast to solutions like t38modem, iaxmodem and mod_spandsp’s softmodem feature, GOfax.IP does not emulate fax modem devices but replaces HylaFAX’s
faxsend processes to communicate directly with FreeSWITCH using FreeSWITCH’s Event Socket interface.
GOfax.IP is designed to provide a standalone fax server together with HylaFAX and a minimal FreeSWITCH setup; the necessary FreeSWITCH configuration is provided.
- SIP connectivity to PBXes, Media Gateways/SBCs and SIP Providers with or without registration
- Failover using multiple gateways
- Support for Fax over IP using T.38 and/or T.30 audio over G.711
- Native SIP endpoint, no modem emulation
- Support for an arbitrary number of lines (depending on the used hardware)
- Extensive logging and reporting: Writing
xferfaxlogfor sent/received faxes; Writing session log files for all sent/received faxes
- Support for modem status reporting/querying using HylaFAX native tools and clients:
- Call screening using HylaFAX’
Looking for a new feature? Found a bug? Or just want to say thank you for GOfax.IP?
Our little friend
Ever wondered, who is our little likeable friend? It’s a Hyrax, also called dassie and in German Klippschliefer. A little well-furred rabbit-like animal which lives in Africa. The interesting fact about these animals, they communicate only with seven different types of sounds…Just like fax. :-)